Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Book

Just to let all those people who don't know my life goal, I've always wanted to be an author. So, naturally, I'm writing a book. I haven't been working on it lately because I was in this excellerated writing class and I was busy writing stories for that. But now that it's over because, Drum Roll Please, THERE'S ONLY THREE MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL! I've been working on it. And it is so hard. I mean first I get an idea of what the books going to be about, but I don't like the timeline it's in, then I figure out when I want to have the story take place, but I can't think of what the story's going to be about. I've sort of got past that now, but I have an even bigger problem. I've never been that great about planning. I know everyone says don't write as you go, but I do anyways. That's how I am! But now that I'm writing a 400 page book, I can't do that. A book is like a big puzzle and you have to know how all the pieces are going to fit together. Anyways, sorry if I'm boring you I just get really frustrated with all this thinking.
Speaking of good books, I just finished the last Percy Jackson book and anyone who hasn't read it, or hasn't even started the series, start now! You're missing out big time. I think I even like the Percy Jakson series better then Eragon! :O Also there's this really good book called Airman, by Eion Colfer. Not may people have heard of it, but it's incredible.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing for having such great ambitions in life. I hear you are an amazing writer. I can't wait to read your finished product. In the meantime, please post some of your prose from this last year. Grandma says they are incredible.

    ReplyDelete