Saturday, July 3, 2010

POOL TIME!!!!

Summer is here and it's time to hit the pool!!! I've already gone a couple of times, and it's weird seeing Kelsey at the snack bar stand. Summer's going by WAY too fast. It's already July and it seems like summer break started just a few days ago.
We've had a couple of nice days, but alas, Moscow is still wet, very wet. This is not good. Especially when your celebrating the 4th of July. The upside is my grandparents on my dad's side are here. They got here Tuesday and it's been a ton of fun. We went and saw Toy Story 3, and amazingly it was a good movie (but not Kung-Fu Panda good) !!! It was well done and actually had a thought-through plot. It didn't need to be in 3D though, there was nothing popping out at you, so I suggest waiting to rent it instead of seeing it in the theater. We've done other fun things too. Such as going to a river and park, going out to eat at Sella's, going the the arboretum, and even just talking to them is great. I expect everyone to follow their example and come down to visit us too.
For the 4th of July we're not doing anything especially grand. We do have our grandparents over, and we did go and see Toy Story 3 and those are cool. We almost went to a lake to hang out and go swimming and tubing with a couple of other families in our ward (one of the families had moved away but was coming to visit), but it was too cold for us so we skipped.
Aunt Lora visited us a week ago and I was also doing basketball camp that same week, and both of those were fantastic. I think the camp really helped me get better at basketball event thought it was only five days, but to put it the short way, there weren't very many kind people there. I'm really glad I had a friend there with me. It was also fantastic to have the Strawns over. They are just a load of fun, and I'm so happy they live close.
Happy 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

  1. So when are you going to come see us? That would be a way fun summer thing to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. I was really sad I couldn't come up when everyone else did, but I had girl's camp. But it will be a blast when Samantha comes!!!

    ReplyDelete