Sunday, August 22, 2010

The end of summer and the lazy monster

Ugh. Only 8 more days of summer. It's SOOO depressing. Oh well. At least I'll be in 8th grade now so no more being called a sevy for me!!! The bad part about being in 8th grade is you don't get your schedule until the first day of school, when the bell rings. Which I don't think is smart. Why can't they just mail it to you, or have you come get it like the highschoolers? The 7th graders get it about 5 days before school starts.
I went back to school shopping last Monday, I need to go to the mall again. I went to Rue 21 which is my favorite store in our mall, with a girl named Kim who just moved in. I got three pairs of jeans, only 12.99 each!!!!!! And a couple of shirts for about $3 and a cute tank top thingy. (yes I'll be wearing a shirt underneath ;) ) Which was good since pretty much my whole wardrobe is in Jenna's closet. I still need Sunday clothes and a pair of jean shorts though. Oh! And I got a pair of white heels for Sunday.
I might try out for Volleyball. I'm still not sure. I wasn't even thinking about it, but when Sam and Courtney (cousins) were here we went to a park and played volleyball for a while, and I could spike!! Which I'd never been able to do before. Usually I had to underhand serve because my overhand serves go about a foot then drop to the ground.
I've never played volleyball before so I'm kind of nervous. Plus the tryouts are the first day of school. But Cherish (one of my friends) has never played either and is trying out, so I might tryout with her. The only problem is I'll probably make B team because I don't really know how to play and if Cherish does too she'll quit.
We're going camping Thursday-Sat. morning, and on a REALLY long bike ride some time this week, we went to Robinson park on Friday and stayed until about 10. Besides that I'm just hanging out with friends for the last week of summer.
Oh! And I'm trying to get in shape for Volleyball, Basketball, and Track, so I'm trying to go jogging with Mom every morning but Sunday and Saturday. I started this goal Monday I think, and have gone jogging twice so far. So it's not really working, but I'm determined to continue. I just don't know how it's going to work once school starts, because I can't wake up early enough to go jogging and get ready for school and walk to school, and most of the time I'll have too many things going on at night. Plus the sun will start going down pretty early. But I'll find a way to get in shape. I won't let the lazy monster triumph again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment