Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dreams

Many of you probably already know this, but I want to go to Italy. Specifically three places.
Florence

Venice
And Rome
I have since I was in second grade. It was the 2004 Olympics (held in Athens) and everyone had a country in my class, and they had to bring a food from that country, learn about the culture, the coins, and other things. And ever since then I've loved everything about Italy and wanted to go. Italian food also happens to be my favorite, I love the sites there, and I really want to ride the water taxis and gondolas there.
Plus I've always wanted to try real Italian gelato . Apparently it's what ice cream is supposed to taste like, and since I love ice cream, gelato must taste like a little piece of heaven on earth.
Gelato

And I would show you a picture of what ice cream looks like compared to that, but it won't let me upload one anymore for some reason, but I'm sure you all know what ice cream looks like.
I actually love all of Europe, and would love to tour all of it. Italy as my first priority of course, then France, Greece, Spain Germany, and any other place that I could go to. As I said before I've wanted to go to Italy for a really long time, and always planned to go, but I never actually had a plan to help me get there. I just always just assumed some how I would go. A couple of weeks ago though, Kelsey told me that one of her friends is going to Europe, and that she'd been saving up since she was my age.
So I finally looked reality in the face, and realized that the money was going to have to come from somewhere, and I would have to save like crazy starting now, and make a lot of sacrifices. Which it will be really hard for me to say no to my friends sometimes when they ask me if I want to go to a movie with them since movie tickets are 8.50 now. And to say no to myself when I see a really cute shirt I want. I'll say yes sometimes of course though. ;)
That's why I took a jar, and it's now my Italy jar, and in a time very far from now it will be filled with hundreds of dollars. And then I will have to get another jar, or maybe even a couple more, and fill them up too, and then maybe I will have enough to go. So far I am a whole $6 closer to my goal! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. $6 is at least a start. Here's to your goal and your dream! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete