Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lots of Fun Once Again (Summer's just fun!)

I got back from the Ward Campout yesterday and it was tons of fun. I didn't know if it would be fun though. I was a little hesitant in whether I wanted to go. I'm glad I did though. We went to Elk River. I can't sleep well when I'm around other people so the whole sleeping part of camping is a little hard for me. But instead of sleeping in the tent I slept on the docks with some of my friends. We were really worried about getting soaked, but we had a tarp. We changed from putting it underneath us to ontop of us about four times, but in the end it got scrunched up underneath one my friends Emma, so I didn't get any at all. No matter though, because I was in the heaviest sleeping bag we have, it's this mummy kind. So only the top of my sleeping bag got wet, while I stayed dry!
We swam ALOT. Actually that's all me and my friends did the second day. We were orginally swimming at the docks right there infront of us, but there was a bunch of weeds sticking up and your legs would get tangled in them, and then this ranger guy came and pointed out the big sign infront of the lake that said NO SWIMMING. We had kind of ignored that because it was so hot, but he said that there was too much glass in that part of the lake but that we could canoe to the other docks and swim there. So we got into the canoes and canoed off. But before we went to the docks we had this big war in the water betweenme and two of my friends in the canoe, and about five or six people squished and sitting on top of a two person paddle boat that went about an eighth of and eigth of a mile per hour. It ended up being a rental though, oops! But there were two other canoes we could use so the War went on. After a while we went to a dock, but it was covered in...discharge, so we called it the poop dock and found another dock that was the best by far. There we played red light green light and you pushed them in instead of tagging them. After that we just swam some more and had some more wars. After awhile my family went home but I stayed with my friend's family for a little while more then we went and got Huckleberry icecream, that was AMAZING! Then we went home and I found and after my nap that seemed very short I found myself a sunburn, four slivers in my hand, a sore bum from sitting on the canoe seat all day, sore knees, and a headache, but it was all worth it for how much fun it was.
I also went to Beehive camp a few weeks ago. It was just the beehives because of the Trek. It was alos lots of fun. My mom went with me and that was great. My friend Robin (Robin Haawk isn't that such a cool name ((it's pronouced Robin Hawk, and her sister's name is Mercedes I love that name))) threw up on the busride there, luckily it was in the bathroom.
The last day there we had a testimony meeting. After it was over, the bishop who had come to listen to it, asked me and my mom to give talks that Sunday. Except not to prepare talks to pretty much just bare out testimonies again. I think my talk went well everyone got a few laughs at the beginning of mine, and surprisingly I wasn't even nervous at all. The night of the testimony meeting at Beehives camp on the other hand I felt as if my heart wasw going to jump out og my chest!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great summer full of camping and friends. Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete