Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Lazy Monster is Taking Over!

I went real fishing for the first time yesterday. I say "real" because I've went twice before this, but the first time I was three and didn't do anything. The second time was about a year ago, but again I had no idea what I was doing, and neither did my dad, so I just stood there with a fishing pole in my hand.
But this time was the real thing! I learned how to actually cast, and caught my first fish! Yeah! It was a blue gail, but I put it back for two reasons. First, my dad had the only bucket at this frying booth, (it was like a free fishing thing and they would clean and fry your fish for you) because Nathan also caught his first fish, a bass. Way to go Nate! And the booth was too far away. Also, it was too small for me to want to keep it. It wasn't that small, but I was going for the big stuff! Unfortunatley I didn't get the big stuff. In fact I didn't catch any more fish. It wasn't entirely my fault though, because our my bait kept falling off in the water, so we asked this one guy and he said that we had the wrong hooks for that kind of bait, oops!
I also finished my room last Monday, and I have to say, it looks Fabulous! The only thing I have left to do is decide whether I want to paint my bookshelf and if I do paint it. Also, I'm going to get some of these paper lantern things, like the kind they have in Panda Express, only smaller and white, and hang them up everywhere. Oh, and I might get some beads to hang in the doorway.
If you want an update on how my story's going. Then here it is. Bad. It's not that I have writer's block. It's just that, one, I'm lazy and never want to have to think so hard about how to put my thoughts into words, and two, it's really hard to transition. Oh, and three, it's suppost to sound like olden time talk, or whatever. But I sound like now, because I am now. So I think I'm going to change my story from first person, and make it narrator's point of view or whatever that one is when it's all like, Then she fell off the peach, or whatever you're saying. And I have many other problems, but I don't want to talk about them, because it's depressing. I want to give up so many times, but I'm not going to. So there! Take that Lazy Monster! Trying to take me? Ha! In your dreams!

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, you were cracking me up! Do not give into the Lazy Monster...defeat is the only thing it wants and when it wins, it only desires after more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the Lazy Monster win! Let's see a picture of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like a lazy monster this week. It has been raining everyday. We are all sick of it!
    I love your blog background! I bet your room looks great! Hope to see you when we come up this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh; thanks for your letting me know about your blog! I love reading your stuff. Anxiously waiting pics of your room too!

    ReplyDelete